Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 1: Nausea can't last forever

Day one is over! I'd celebrate if I didn't have a headache. I miss my coffee and turkey sausage this morning, but I have already had my breakfast juice and sent my husband out the door with one as well and I'm feeling good. We took "before" pictures last night and I find those very motivating. This isn't how I want to look or feel - so I'm changing it. 

Just to be clear, this is a very healthy program. There is nothing our bodies want more than fresh fruits and vegetables. But I realize that people respond much better to results than they do to talk so we'll save that conversation for a little bit down the road. For now, take a look at what I juiced yesterday on day one:

Breakfast
Lunch
An afternoon pick me up I split with Justin.
I didn't have a "supper" juice because I was feeling quite full and tired, but I did have one cup of an organic vegetable broth just for the sodium content (23%). Vegetable broths are a good option for anyone who has low blood pressure like myself and wants to avoid fainting, but be careful to either make them yourself at home or find one in the store which has a list of ingredients containing ONLY veggies and water.

Day 2 will be a bit more complicated than yesterday as I actually have to leave the house for several hours today. I plan on making a juice right before I go and taking it with me because I know me, if I get hungry away from home I'm going to eat whatever sits still long enough for me to catch it. Chick-fil-A usually sits pretty still in this town. 

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get the recipes from? Online... or do you make them up yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some from online, but mostly I'm just trying things out and finding what I like!

    ReplyDelete