Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 8: I'm Positive

Just for today, I vow to speak only positive words, voice no complaints, and focus my mind on uplifting topics.
Just for today.

A couple of people have asked about juicing recipes so I'm going to continue to post them as I find tasty combinations, like this morning's breakfast for example:
2 cups seedless grapes
1 peeled orange
1 green apple
2 carrots
3 stalks celery
I am on goal so far, positive words and positive thinking, but that does not exempt me from giving a brief synopsis of dreadful Days 6 and 7.

Day 6: Scary bad. Picked up a FREE and delicious Cahalls chicken salad sandwich, bag of chips, and candy bar from my school's lobby where they were giving them away. Intended to give this to my beloved husband after class, after my THREE HOUR class. Sniffed the box all the way to class. Got to class only to find that everyone else was devouring their free and delicious food and there would be no escape from smelling, seeing, and hearing this horrific SET UP. Made it through the class by making lists of reasons why not to give up, lists of things I want to wear that don't fit, and lists of insane athletic feats I will one day be able to preform if I could just resist this chicken salad temptation. Finally made it out, took the sandwich to my hungry husband, and stared at him as a completely self-aware foodaholic while he ate the best sandwich I ever did smell. The rest of the day I was cranky, hungry, and made restless by numerous powerful cravings. I did not like Day 6.

Day 7: Not as bad as Day 6, but still uncomfortable. Spent most of the day at work where I bake, handle, and sell food. After work I ran home to walk the dogs, juice, and change clothes so I could head over to where my brawny husband was helping some friends of ours move into their new house. The three hours I got to help with moving were a wonderful distraction, but NOT coming home to put together a huge, hot, home cooked meal was a really big let down. Cold juice at the end of a long, exhausting day is not what I want.

TODAY: I'm being positive. I'm thinking, talking, and acting in positive ways in the hopes that this will make for a better day not just for me, but for my wonderful husband who puts up with my every mood!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend and that just for today, or maybe just for an hour, you can be positive too!

No comments:

Post a Comment