Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 5: A few discoveries that rock

Don't be alarmed by the pictures of solid food, I'm still juicing! I woke up at 8:10am...and got out of bed! Weirdo, I know. But that's how good I felt! I was ready to get up, so I did. Not to mention all the little critters sitting beside the bed and staring longingly towards the kitchen, that's always a strong motivator. Now it's around 2pm and I'm feeling a little sleepy, but it's time for another juice so maybe that will perk me up. But before I go I'd like to go over a few crazy facts:
  1. Even though I'm overweight, I ate pretty fantastic before I started this fast. We cooked every meal at home and had two veggies for every meat on our plate, but I still detoxed. My body still went through the headaches and nausea because it contained toxins that shouldn't be there. My point - anyone can benefit from a juice fast. To illustrate my "I ate very healthy" point, here are two typical meals that I consumed on a regular basis:

2.   Celery! I despise it. But I can juice it! Spinach, Kale, Celery, Cucumber - all veggies on my black list, until I juiced them. Without the awful texture, I not only tolerate celery, I enjoy it. Don't knock it till you juice it.

3.   I feel nourished, healthy, satisfied even when I drink a juice. It's not at all the same as drinking water or something else in the traditional "beverage" category. 




Have you taken a look at the weight ticker in the top right corner yet today? Check it out to see how much I've lost by the morning of day 5! 

3 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO!!!!!! Yay i'm so proud of you! Day 5... that's nothing to scoff at, I envy you and your juicer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing wonderful, you are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the encouragement! I read these comments when I catch myself day dreaming about a cheeseburger =)

    ReplyDelete