Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3: Hunger drains my focus

Day 3 is here and almost gone! NO headaches today and only the slightest bit of nausea - what a relief. I was in school all day and I was feeling a little stressed so as soon as I got home I automatically walked to the kitchen. Not really hungry at all, just wanting to soothe myself with something salty. Thankfully, I remembered I'm fasting and ran from the kitchen but the experience was eye-opening because I wasn't aware that my after school snack was a pleasurable habit, not a need. 

I can't seem to get my thoughts together today, unless you want me to think of something delicious to eat and then I'm your woman. So here's a few bullet points to sum up the past 24 hours:
  • I'm not tempted to break the fast, but I do very much enjoy sniffing other people's food.  I never realized the world smelled so tasty. 
  • My sweet mother gave my loving husband a marinated steak and two potatoes to cook for himself for dinner last night. I'm glad someone's feeding him, but did he have to eat it in front of me?
  • Purchased a purple bottle to take juice with me to school and work. Glad you can't see through it. I'm not ready to answer questions about "the brown stuff in that bottle."
This turned out to be MUCH too sweet,
so I added 4 cups of baby spinach and greened it right up! 
At least it's pretty, right?
My dinner.
Oh and by the way, I've lost 6 pounds. I'm looking forward to getting past the water weight, but I'm still happy about the loss! I've added a weight ticker to the top right hand corner of my blog so I can count down, pound by pound to my goal. Please leave a comment before you go and come back soon for more updates!

5 comments:

  1. Ewwww...I seriously don't think I could even FORCE myself to drink something that's green. The last green drink i had didn't go so well..... just ask Justin. :) lol... but good job on the progress. I"m proud of you for sticking with it because even though it's only been three days, I'm positive that those three days are the hardest ones you'll endure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing wonderful!!! That's awesome you've already had progress on your weight loss, it takes a great person to stick to something like this, I doubt I could, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for the encouragement! I just spent most of day 4 in the bakery where I work so that was unpleasant to say the least. But having an audience on this challenge really motivates me and keeps me accountable so keep coming back! Oh and I KNOW both of you strong mommies could do this if it was something you wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charles and I watched the movie, and we thought about trying it. Still thinking...It looks challenging but at the same time it looks like it may turn into rouitne after the first few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is turning more routine, less struggle every day =)

    ReplyDelete