Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 16: Your number one question answered

The question I get most often is, "What about protein?" To which I say, "What about it?" Here are the ways in which I get my protein.


  1. Broccoli 
  2. Spinach
  3. Kale
  4. Soy beans <---best way!
Obviously I am not consuming nearly as much protein as I was before the fast, but I am consuming enough to survive and thrive for the time being. I'm not suffering from a lack of protein nor am I losing muscle mass. I actually lifted weights a few days ago and the recovery was only slightly rougher than it normally is on my every day meat eating diet.


UPDATE: A little over half way to the goal and I'm still juicing strong! By this morning I'd lost 16.6lbs and as long as I remember to juice, my energy is souring. I'd like to take a moment to recognize my incredible husband who not only tolerates but goes out of his way to soothe my cranky moods, hunger pains, and excessive complaining. His support is priceless.


I still haven't tried a juice with parsley or cilantro and I'd really like to do that soon. I'll let you know if I find a tasty recipe! Speaking of recipes, here is one for a protein loaded juice that doesn't taste half as bad as it sounds!
  • 4+ cups soy beans(buy a frozen bag and thaw)
  • 1 large broccoli spear
  • 2 green apples
  • half of a lemon
I leave you now with an example of 
amazing support(which is something you'll need to juice fast!):
We put up the Christmas tree this weekend!
Happy October, baby Jesus!
I think he knew how much
this would cheer me up.
It worked. I feel happier and
more motivated when I see it!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing amazing, and you look great too! You're really motivating me to buy a juicer, hehe.

    ReplyDelete