Wednesday, September 28, 2011

*Chunky, Tired, And Out of Clothes*

ANNOUNCING: My JUICE FAST!
WHEN: Beginning Saturday, October 1st 
HOW LONG: 30 days
Wait...WHAT is a juice fast? I'm so glad you asked.

I came home from work two weeks ago and my clever husband had just started a documentary on Netflix called, "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" by Joe Cross. I watched, he watched, and we think you should watch. I won't tell you a thing about the film because I believe in doing your own homework and I believe it could greatly benefit you to watch this wonderful documentary on health. But, for the sake of my blog I must explain WHAT a juice fast is: A diet consisting of ONLY freshly juiced fruits and vegetables. No solids, no dairy, no meats, no food pyramid, nothing but juice! In a drastic, yet perfectly healthy bid for weight loss I will maintain this fast for 30 days. 

So, I bought a Big Boss Juicer (700W / 18,000 RPM) on Amazon and it came in TODAY! 

In anticipation of its arrival my sweet husband took me to the grocery store at 9:45pm last night so we could run a dash and grab through the produce department and this was the result:
$30 from Publix 
We also bought this delectable cupcake:
Don't judge.
Although I won't start the fast until Saturday, we are trying out some recipes between now and then. Today we made our very first juice and in my excitement to get it going I almost dropped the juicer as well as sliced my finger open while aiming to halve a green apple. My first tip for future juicers would therefore be: Calm down. 
3 Green Apples
1 Orange(no peeling)
1 Large Carrot
2 Cups Red Grapes
1/2 Lemon(with peeling) 

{Produced 2 full glasses of juice}
We realize what a sugar fest that first juice was, but I wanted our introduction to this appliance to be a positive one so taste was the main priority. It was successfully delicious!

I invite you to follow my progress as well as provide juice recipe ideas, encouragement, and whatever else you may have to offer. Two days until we begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment