Sunday, June 6, 2010

Run ChubChub, Run!

I have abnormally low blood pressure, or hypotension. I'm also the whitest thing to hit the family since my alabaster, nearly albino sister who glows in the dark came along. So when I work out at any level other than "injured tortoise," I turn as red as the tomatoes in your fridge and out sweat the sauna addict.

So, red faced and dripping I'm walking my way to the one hour mark on a treadmill last week when the room fills up with a group of elderly gentlemen come to join me in what I consider a challenging work out for people with bodies in our degenerative condition. I quickly realized my mistake as one after the other Grampa, Pops, and Grandad crank up their machines and take off running like Olympians. In my shame and sweaty pride I became possessed by the absolute NEED to run! I really had no choice...

I lost 5lbs last week from my elderly inspired run/walks! And this week I gained it back as I was forced to spend most of my time in the bed, on ice, letting my injured vertebrates recover from the painful shock of my week long running career.

After a mopey sort of week where I moaned to anyone who would listen about how useless I am, I have decided that we live and learn, or we die! I will not be so easily discouraged. Next week, it's the eliptical for me and back to the fatty field of battle.

What do you want to give up on? I'd love to hear about that, and what you think of my new layout. I made this one myself and I'm hoping the comment box is functional!

6 comments:

  1. Sarah, I think the new layout is wonderful.

    As far as what I've wanted to give up on? There have been many times while I have been at TROY that I've wanted to give up on playing the trombone and becoming a music educator.
    It is easy to get discouraged, but what helps me is remembering why I was doing it in the first place, and then thanking God for even giving me the ability to do it.

    --Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shannon! You're so right. Being grateful is grounding and really uplifting. I called my grandma this week with a list of reasons why I was worthless and she said "I think we need a new list. Lets think of reasons why we love you." So simple, but I forget!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new layout, and as always reading your blogs:) I want to give up on sweets! Lol. And don't stress on imperfections, your a great person and that is what matters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never met you, but I love you Christina! This statement is made less creepy by the fact that my husband knows you =) I wish sweets would give up on ME! I don't seek them out as much as they sneak into my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good.... excellent job making it simple and clean! :) Thanks for the "shout out" to me as well. I love you for that!!! Next though, maybe devote and ENTIRE blog post about me!!! Hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get me some of Anelia's pictures and I just might =)

    ReplyDelete