Saturday, June 12, 2010

Look what I did!

I learned to crochet when I first injured my back, just as a means to pass the time. My wonderfully talented Grandma taught me with all the patience of a saint and now that I've muddled through the ultra-easy scarf project, I'm addicted to the craft and ready to begin again!
My next goal is to make a matching hat with the yarn I have left over. I'm hoping for record lows in the Panhandle this winter, otherwise I'll be sweating it out in my homemade blizzard accessories!

When I finished the scarf I enjoyed a whole day of the "I did it!" high that comes with completing any major project. I wore it around the house, wrapped it around my remarkably tolerant husband, hung it from the kitchen light fixture to take some "not as cool as I thought" pictures(see below), and generally spent some quality time with my new neck buddy.

This joyful nonsense made me wonder if I could get so excited about any other goal, like exercise for example. So here's my brand new
Do It Or Die Fat Exercise Goal: Travel 100 MILEs on an elliptical machine within 2 MONTHs.
I've already got my first 3 miles out of the way!

Keeping my blog updated on my progress will help hold me accountable. I'd love to have a walking partner if anyone wants to race to 100!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, You are such an amazing woman of God. I can see your passion and it makes me smile. I am glad I can read a little bit into your life since we are no living so far away. I pray for you daily. God is amazing, even in the small and unnoticed things. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to call me. Hopefully while I'm home to visit we can meet up for coffee or even a workout day(s) :-) Love you sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know where you are now =( What are you going to school for? Thank you for your words of encouragement! You're always a sweetheart! I would love to get together with you when you visit! Just let me know when you're in town and your family can spare you!

    ReplyDelete