Sunday, September 9, 2012

PawPaw

Whew, let us pretend I have not abandoned blogging and that there is NOT an 11 month gap between this post and my last...let us pretend.

This is what I'd call a personal indulgence post, one that you may not get a darn thing out of, but I'll write it all the same just because this is my blog and well, I can do that. So feel free to stop reading now and come back another day.

On Tuesday, September 4th, Charles Malachi Suggs went to sleep to await the return of his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We commonly say that he has gone to Heaven because the Bible says that to be absent from the body is to be present with God, the transition is that quick. It also says in several passages that the dead in Christ are sleeping, to be awakened by the trumpet of the Lord when He returns for His people. I think either way you'd like to believe it, just know that he'll be with Jesus for ever more and there's nothing sad about that. He was my PawPaw for a little while here on earth but he'll be my brother forever in the Kingdom of Heaven. Praise God.

The day before he died PawPaw said to me, "I'm leaving soon." 
And I replied, "We'll meet you wherever you're going."
He smiled.

His obituary was bland. He was not.
His funeral was sad. He was not.
His service was somber. He was not.
His body was still. He was not.

His laugh was big.
His house was warm.
His table was full.
His family was blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment